How to Make a Product Demo Video That Sells
Published April 20, 2023.
From producing videos to distributing, promoting, and selling them, the rise of video isn’t slowing down. Today, brands and businesses are leveraging videos to promote their products and services. After all, it’s an effective way to showcase the features of your product, highlight the benefits, and show potential customers how it works.
Of course, by creating a well-crafted product demo, you can also make your product stand out in the competitive market and increase your sales.
Although creating engaging product demo videos that sell can be intimidating, it doesn’t have to be. In this blog post, we’ll look at the different types of product demo videos and the steps you need to take to make a product demo video that sells.
» Looking for extra inspiration? Check out these 5 product explainer videos
Understand the Different Types of Product Demos
Product demos are one of the most powerful tools for demonstrating the value of a product and convincing potential customers to buy it. But to make a successful demo video, you need to understand the different types of demos available. Here are 3 that are most commonly used:
1. A Narrated Product Demo
This type of video usually has a combination of visuals and audio that helps viewers gain a better understanding of the product. For example, it may include audio narration or commentary that explains what is happening on the screen. This also allows the presenter to add a personal touch and describe the features or advantages of the product in more detail.
2. Screen Capture Product Demos
Screen capture demos are videos that show users how to use a product or service by recording the computer screen. This type of video is great for software products, websites, or apps, as it walks viewers through each step of the use.
3. Live-Action Product Demos
These are videos that feature real people using the product in real-time. These videos provide a great way to show potential customers how the product looks, feels, and works in the real world. You can also use live-action product demos to tell fun and memorable stories about your product, which can make it more engaging for viewers.
Learn to Describe Your Products the Right Way
When creating a product demo video, it’s important to make sure you are describing your product accurately and effectively. The structure of the demo video should include the following:
- A description of the product—Describe what your product is, what features it has, and how it can benefit the customer.
- A demonstration of how it works—Show your viewers exactly how the product functions and explain all the features in detail.
- Examples of potential problems it can solve—Give viewers real-world examples of which potential problems it can solve. This can help them see the practical uses of the product.
- An encouraging CTA—Be sure to end with a call-to-action to further encourage viewers to take action.
By following these steps and crafting an effective product demo video, you can boost your sales and increase your reach.
» See how to advertise your products via shoppable videos
Identify Your Target Audience
Before creating your product demo video, it’s important to identify your target audience. This is the group of people who are most likely to be interested in what you have to offer. Knowing your target audience will help guide the direction of your product demo video and help you create content that resonates with them.
When identifying your target audience, consider their age, gender, interests, and preferences. For example:
- If you’re targeting young people, you may want to focus on more modern visuals, references to popular culture, and fast-paced videos. One way to do that to by including references to an iconic TV show like Friends or Game of Thrones in your video. This could help you stand out from the competition and make a connection with your viewers.
- On the other hand, if you’re targeting older generations, you may want to focus on more traditional visuals or sounds and a slower pace.
- You should also think about whether the people you want to reach prefer PCs or mobile devices. This could affect the formatting of your video.
Boost Your Sales By Following Our Tips
With the right product demo video, you can increase engagement, attract new customers, stand out from the competition, and reach your desired goals. Essentially, you’re providing potential customers with an immersive experience that allows them to better understand your product.
With these tips in mind, and with some additional help from Tolstoy, you’ll be well on your way to creating a successful product demo video that sells.